No matter what our skin would look like in our golden years, taking care of it remains a health concern. After all, when the skin is healthy, we are preventing problems that may lead to complications or inconveniences. But, what does a skincare regimen look like in our 60s or 70s? Here are some suggestions by your trusted dermatologists:
- Bathe with warm water and use a soft cloth in washing your skin.
- Choose gentle, moisturizing bar soap, cleanser, or body wash while keeping tabs on your skin’s reaction to the ingredients. If it irritates you at any point, stop using it.
- When the air feels dry, use a humidifier.
- Always apply sunscreen, especially if you are going out. Choose sunscreens with high SPF.
- Observe your skin condition and notice any changes. The risks of skin cancer, unfortunately, come with age. Be informed and consult your physician when you notice a suspicious spot or area.