Training Classes in Forest, Virginia
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Require the services of and less than 24 hour care, but may receive home care support.
- Is free of Communicable disease.We accept memory impaired individuals. All levels will be assessed for acceptance and not declined just based on diagnosis.
- Is not a danger to themselves or others.
- Ability to communicate effectively either through non-verbal or verbal cues and participate in activities. Would benefit from a social environment.
- Ability to ambulate with/without assistance from another person. We accept participants with walkers, canes, wheelchairs if they can ambulate with these devices themselves and can bear their own weight but need some support.
- Must not require one on one care.
- May need a bathroom schedule every 1-2 hours/assistance in the bathroom. *May wear depend’s or adult briefs to help with incontinence and need assistance in the bathroom.
- May need assistance with eating or cues to feed self. Monitoring of food intake
- May need medication administration, under the direct care of a physician. Need MD order and original container to administer med’s at the center.