Nursing Services in Lynchburg, Virginia
In addition to providing nursing interventions prescribed by each participant’s attending physician (e.g. RN administration or supervision of self administration of medications and treatments), nursing service at Raspberry Hill Adult Daytime Center provides preventative, and supportive care to maintain each participant’s optimum level of wellness. The nursing service consists of a Director that is a RN, an Assistant Director that is a RN, and Therapeutic Activity Aides. Preventative nursing services include, but not limited to:
- Monitoring of vital signs and weight
- Monitoring of dietary and fluid intake
- Monitoring of function, behavior and mental status
- Supervision to prevent falls
- Care to prevent infection
- Care to prevent incontinency
- Care to prevent skin breakdown
- Monitoring of blood sugars.
- Health education and counseling to participants and family caregiver
- Medication Administration
- Personal care (PRN), bathing, grooming, dressing
- Maintenance cares of colostomy or ileostomy (as long as pt is mobile and stable.)
- Maintenance care of urinary catheters (as long as it is mobile and stable)
- Coordination of the provision of other health care services.
- Communication with the participant’s attending physician and family caregiver to assure continuity of care.
- Monitoring of function and behavior to detect change which may be indicative of an underlying physical problem.
- Observation for adverse medication reactions and for the effects of polypharmacy.
- Encouragement of family caregivers to avail participant of a geriatric assessment.